DH is bathing DD tonight (he usually does), and I got to thinking.
I fell off the meal-planning wagon for the last few weeks. I need to get back on, it is only leading to too many times of "I forgot to thaw something for dinner."
However, here is my biggest issue right now. It is spring. Does anyone else have this thing that when the winter months are over they want "summer food"?
I don't have very many summer recipes...really, especially not "frugal" ones. Most of them are like Stuffed Green Peppers, which I don't like to do so often because it's so much meat!
So, I would like to challenge my readers. My husband will eat nearly anything, as will my daughter.
Using either Chicken or Ground Beef (or no meat), what are your favorite summer dinners?
In fact, I'm not quite sure what I'll give away yet, but we'll make this a giveaway.
So, it's a surprise giveaway. Maybe a gift card, maybe a cookbook...maybe a recipe box and/or recipe cards, I don't know yet!
Here are the rules:
Your first entry must have:
A recipe for a summer food, this means no comfort type foods (like soups or casseroles) and your email address.
Each entry must be made into a separate comment to count.
1. You may post up to 3 total recipes for my family to try and each will be considered one entry (if posted seperately)
2. Post about this on your blog. Leave a link to your post.
3. Have 2 friends come by and say "_____" sent me (and post at least the mandatory entry)
4. Followers get a bonus entry, new or old, but you must post that comment as well.
5. Comment on any Monday Recipe post (only comments made after today will count)
To be counted, your comment must be posted by May 1st, 12:00 AM CST.
****A clarification on "summer foods": In the summer, I tend to try to use my stove as little as possible, so I love to do salads (that can count as a dinner), and tend to gravitate towards a lot more "fresh" items. To me, soups and casseroles and "heavy foods" are great-for winter.